Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I check the status of my application?
There is no way for you to see the status of your application online. However, if you are selected to proceed with our recruitment process, a member of our recruitment team will connect with you to inform you of next steps. We do our best to keep you informed at each stage of the process.
2. Why can’t I complete my application?
There are several reasons you may be unable to complete your application:
- We do not support images on resumes. Ensure your resume has text only.
- The title of your resume is too long. Ensure your resume title has a maximum of 54 characters.
- You have an existing profile with the same email address but your password is incorrect and the “Forgot Password” link is not working. Please use a new email address to create a new profile.
3. I do not see an option to attach a cover letter?
Cover letters are not required to apply, but if you would like to attach one, please be sure to include it as part of your resume as only one attachment will be accepted.
4. Do my previous cover letters and resumes get overwritten by my latest submission?
The cover letters and resumes that you have used for previous applications will not be affected. However, your candidate profile will be updated with the latest version of these documents.
5. Can I arrange a meeting with the recruiter or hiring manager responsible for a role that interests me?
Following your application, if you are selected to proceed with our recruitment process, a member of our recruitment team will connect with you to inform you of next steps and answer any questions you may have. Candidates are discouraged from attempting to contact recruiters and hiring managers directly, unless they have been invited to do so.
6. How do I find the name of the hiring manager so I can address my cover letter to them?
The best strategy is to simply address your cover letter to “Dear Hiring Manager”.
7. I would like to change who I have selected as my referring employee. How would I do that?
Once you have submitted your application, you will be unable to make this change. If you are successfully hired, please inform the recruiter and s/he will update the referring employee name for you.
8. I don’t see a job that interests me right now but I would like to submit my resume. Who can I send it to?
Submit your resume here and be sure to join our Talent Community to stay informed on upcoming events. You can also create job alerts from positions similar to ones that interest you in order to get notified of new opportunities that match your interests.
9. Where should I look for positions in specific divisions?
Please visit careers.intactfc.com and scroll to “Browse by Job Category”. Select your preferred category in order to filter by division.
10. Where should I look for student and new graduate opportunities?
Visit the Students section under ‘Working at Intact’. Then ‘See Relevant Jobs’. This will give you a listing of all jobs at Intact that have been classified as student or new graduate level. You can also further narrow your search by putting a preferred location in the location search box.
11. Why are jobs for belairdirect showing up when I search for jobs on the career site for Intact?
Intact Insurance and belairdirect, along with other brands, are both part of Intact Financial Corporation. For more information, please visit IFC website